Thursday, December 19, 2013

Special Delivery w/ DCWV

Have you seen Jolly Whimsy by DCWV? It is SO cute! I think I am in love with this stack. So today I have a layout for you using papers from this adorable stack.

I am a big wrapping paper person and I'll tell you why. Kids LOVE to tear paper! It's just fun and I love to see the look of excitement and surprise on their face when they reveal the wonder beneath the pretty paper. Maybe wrapping paper speaks to my scrappy side too? lol


The look of excitement on my son's face is what really grabbed my attention with these photos. I wanted to really bring that excitement to my page and I thought what better way than through torn wrapping paper?


So I picked this cute Letter to Santa pp for my background and then some fun prints that I could tear up and layer on my page. Then I cut the snowflake circles, Santa, and ornament from another pattern and added them to the page, a few with foam adhesive for dimension. 


In the upper right corner I layered some washi before adding my ornament for a little extra fun. Super simple and easy page that really brings out the joy of gifting. 
Happy Holidays! :)Ange

DCWV - pp, brad
doodlebug - washi tape
uniball - red pen
kaiser craft - ink
tombow - tape runner
ek success - foam adhesive

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SOO in love with this page! The tearing and how you layered the pattern paper is so awesome

Cathy said...

love, love, love this! What a wonderful page!

wendipooh13 said...

so clever about the tearing paper idea!!! this page is too fun!!!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

clever, clever, clever! Torn paper is the perfect embellishment! Love this page!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what a totally fun layout

msmith434343 said...

Looks really fun! Love that "Holly Jolly Christmas circle!

Anonymous said...

That is so clever to use the torn paper to resemble wrapping paper! Adorable layout!

Margie Higuchi said...

Such a wonderful page you created! LOVE the details of adding wrapping paper to the page :)

Nirupama said...

Awesome page! I love the idea to use wrapping paper.

VintageScrapsCanada said...

I adore the fact that you have ripped papeR behind the pics

Love that idea...

ameliaharris99 said...

Awesome idea with the torn paper! Great layout!

Fairy Dust