Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Dear Santa w/ Basic Grey & DCWV

 Hello!
It's that time of year again! Are you ready for Christmas? I'm not, but I am ready to scrap some fun Christmas memories!!! There's just something special about watching the little guys meet Santa isn't there? I love the mystical/magical feel of it.
 

My son was so excited to meet Santa last year, but so overwhelmed at the same time. It was just super duper adorable! This 25th & Pine line from Basic Grey was perfect for these cute photos.
 I received a lot of embellishment packages, but just a few 6x6 papers. So there is only one (yes I said 1!) 6x6 paper on this layout.

 I started with a background sheet from the DCWV Holiday Glitzy Glitter stack. I love that its so glittery and shiny but it does not come off when you touch it! Wonderful!! Then I laid out my photos and picked this cute journaling card that I knew belonged on this layout. It was a little long for the space I wanted it in. So I cut it off along the striped piece, moved it up to wear it fit on the paper and looked good, then glued it back down.


From there I decided this fun 6x6 pp was perfect. I love the navy, red & pink combo. Its such a pretty and fun twist on the traditional holiday colors and I feel like even tho this is a boy layout the pink works perfectly for it. I knew I wanted the largest section of my pp along the bottom, so I've got a piece that's about 3x6 down there and I cut the rest into 1 inch strips and laid them out around the photos.

It worked perfectly leaving a space in this upper left corner for a title strip that I cut out of the snippets package & attached using foam adhesive to add some dimension. Again that red and pink combo was perfect so that's the banner I chose. I snipped it apart where it was going to hang behind the journaling card to make it a little longer. I wanted to attach it higher up on my layout but still have it hang below my photos. After that I added the fun brads, wood veneers and some liquid pearl dots for a bit of sparkle. 
Here's a quick look at the whole layout again:
 

It's amazing what you can do with a 6x6 pad of paper and some fun embellishments, isn't it? Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoy some magical moments this holiday season. :)Ange

Supplies:
Basic Grey - pp, journal card, banner, wood veneers, brads
DCWV - glitter bg sheet
ranger - liquid pearls
tombow - tape runner
elmers - glue dots
ek success - foam adhesive

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous layout! Love the mix of bg papers/embellies and the glittered background paper is PERFECT!

wendipooh13 said...

oh wow such a FUN page!! LOVE the banner and the checklist!!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Such a fun page! Love the banner and the checklist journaling spot.

Dictionary said...

This is so cute, bright, cherry and fun. The face on your ds is so adorable. I love all the details you added.

Isbaha said...

Love the feeling added by your background paper ! Great layout, the banner is very cute !

Fairy Dust