Monday, July 30, 2012

Climb and Papa

 I've got a couple layouts to share with you today. We'll start with today's NAS layout. Remember you can find the sketch and more examples here and if you're interested in trying your hand at designing you've only got 2 days to get your layouts emailed to Shawn. Go for it! What have you got to lose?

I also wanted to let you know we've (Moxxie Muses) got something special up our sleeves for this coming Friday. So don't forget to come back and check that out. You won't be disappointed! :)

For this layout I just kind of let loose a bit. I've been wanting to do a little masking with the mist, so I did (love the little butterfly in the corner) and the rest of this is just scraps from an old TSS kit. I still have some stickers left but you could easily say I've killed the kit. :)  I cut a lot of the stickers down a bit, they all seemed to come in squares, and did some doodling on and around things to help them pop, along with some inking.

I thought I was brilliant when I thought to hide this Easter egg in the tree, but I think it was a lot harder for me to get it up there than it was for Ayla to get it down. But it was funny to hear her say "Really? I have to climb?" lol


Next up I have some more super fun Moxxie for you. Here I'm using their Forever Family line. It has the most beautiful prints and colors. I really love this line!


This is my dad with my youngest son and my brother's little boy. They're only a month apart in age, so at the time they were the newest additions to the family. I used Grandfather for the base of the layout and added strips from the backsides of other papers, stickers and diecuts, plus a little twine. I also did pen stitching in white and popped up some of the elements to add some dimension.

Thanks so much for stopping by. If you have any questions, please leave a comment and I'll get back to you. :)Ange





Moxxie products used:
papers: Grandfather, Grandmother, Son
diecuts and element stickers

3 comments:

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

The Easter layout is so fresh and fun - love the misting! (Haha - glad you made her climb!)

The Moxxie layout is fabulous! Love the way you used all the elements to put the focus where it belongs...on that wonderful picture!

Lydia said...

Great layouts,nlove the wonderful use of colr and strips

Anonymous said...

Love the colors, patterns and textures on your layouts. Great job!

Fairy Dust