Thursday, October 26, 2023

Happy Halloween layout

Less than a week to Halloween!
I'm not ready.
Seriously, how can the best holiday season be nearly over already and I've barely had time to enjoy anything spooky, scary or pumpkin-y?
Life, it's crazy round here.

However, I have been getting a bit of my scrappy spook on.
Today I'm sharing a layout showcasing my son's costume from last year using some fantastic products from Creative Embellishments.



Yes, he is totally monkeying around!
He was a Gorilla but they are not allowed to wear masks at school.
So we drew some bananas his cheeks and he filled this bananagrams bag with banana flavored laffy taffys to share at school.
He had so much fun and most people thought he was pretty funny.




We'll start with our gorillas.
The one swinging up top is from the Gorilla set
and the one in the second photo is from the Gorilla 2 set.
For both I put a base of matte white chalk marker and then used a brown ink pad to get the fur look and finished it on the edges with a bit of black ink pad.



When I was looking through my Halloween chipboard I saw the Zombie hand and thought it would be funny to have it reaching in for his banana. lol I love it!
I used the base layer of matte white chalk marker on all my chipboard pieces for this layout and then added some metallic silver over that and finished up with a bit of green distress crayon.
I think it looks plenty rotted.



I used a simple title to keep the focus on the photos and fun embellishments. This is from the Happy Halloween Word Set, with orange gel crayon layered on top.
Next up the Banana. I only used yellow gel crayon here, but then took a pin and cleared the little cuts in the chipboard on the banana so they clearly showed the lines in it.
And the finishing touch, these creepy eyes on a flair button from the Boo Flair set.

I hope you have a fabulous, lasting just as long as you wish, Halloween!
Have a spooky rest of your month!
Angela

No comments:

Fairy Dust