Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A bit of Sunset w/ Kreaxions

 Hi, Happy April Fool's day!
Do you have any fun pranks planned?
We are on spring break around my place and I love to wake the kids and tell them they're late for school. lol Always makes me giggle.

All joking aside, I have a cool layout for you today.
I am working with the awesome Kreaxions punch #901 on this layout.


This is my daughter dying her hair with kool-aid. She did a sunset look in the ends of her hair and it looked totally awesome, here you can see how orange it went before she added in the red.


I used the cute True Friends line from Fancy Pants because I thought the colors and little sayings on the stickers would be perfect for my photos. Plus the patterns are really fun. Here you can see that I added some doodled lines for a little more oomph to my page.


I wanted to use the punch along the sides of my photo so the corner design was more of a border. I thought it would look really cool pointing in at my daughter. So I lined the paper up in the punch and did 3 punches in a straight line before cutting the edge down to my photo mat size.


I backed the main photo in the fun bright yellow pattern design, but wanted the butterfly and flourishes to pop more for the other photo. So I backed it with a dark brown. I really like how it makes them pop out of the orange polka-dot print.


Often photos have some white or wasted space in them and I love using my punches in those areas. I also like to cut the fun pattern papers out by following the design in the paper, like the diamonds on the blue patter behind my photos and the bold chevron from the other paper.


 I used 3 strips of Love My Tapes Clouds with Love at the top of my page for the "sky" and then added the fun little banner stickers and flair button. Just one of my favorite things about this punch is all of the cute little butterflies I have to add as embellishment to my layout after using the punch. They are the perfect accent!

Have a fabulous day!
Ange


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool layout! I love what you did with the washi and the colors are fantastic!

Leslie Germain said...

Such a fun page!! LOVE the amazing colors and embellishments!! And I love your April Fools joke - ha ha!!!

Fairy Dust