Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Hanging Out w/ DCWV

 Hello! I have a crazy fun layout for you today. 
I love hanging out with my crazy kids and their friends. There's always something exciting bound to happen and this outing was no exception. Last year a small group of us went to a local pumpkin festival and I got this series of funny photos.


I loved each photo in the series and wanted to let the photos tell the story. The Homeroom stack from DCWV was the perfect line for this. Besides the fact that the photos center around a school bus, I just loved the pattern paper from the stack that has all of these fun word bubbles on it.


 I started with a kraft base and added drips of mist in bright colors. It's really easy, just take the lid off, unscrew the top, hold it over your paper and press the top like you would to mist, but then it splatters out the tube at the bottom. The more ink in the tube the bigger the splatter.


I matted my series of photos on one pattern of paper and then chose another pattern for the main photo at the bottom. Then I picked out the banners and title and cut them from another paper in the stack.

 

They have an entire sheet of word bubbles in this stack! Some are blank and some have cute sayings already. I used a lot on this layout and I think it really added to the layout and the "school" theme. I finished up by inking all my edges with black, including my photos. Which I sanded a bit first so the ink would stay in place.

Happy Scrapping! :)Ange

Supplies:
DCWV - Homeroom stack
ranger - mists
colorbox - black ink
paper studio - kraft
my little shoebox - mini alphas
tombow - tape runner
ek success - foam adhesive
zig - black pen
stash - emery board

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome Ange! LOVE the fun word bubbles!

ameliaharris99 said...

Great layout! Love all the drips on the Kraft! Great pics! :)

wendipooh13 said...

such a fun page and just lovin the photos!!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

super cute

Maureen said...

I love the ink splatters! I've not been brave enough to try the mists yet but you seem to have mastered them pretty well!

Fairy Dust