Monday, October 21, 2013

Trick or Treat!

 I love Halloween. I love the magical feel and the suspense-fulness of energy charged moments. What a fun holiday! So of course I have fun photos to scrap and NO shortage of fun papers and products to scrap them with. Today's layout is based on sketch #288 from Nuts About sketches and I used DCWV's Spooky Time stack:


This sketch is great for a layout that has a lot of journaling to go with it. Since I didn't have quite so much journaling to go with the pictures I had, I decided to add layers of patterned paper.


Here you can see the layers. I distressed them with scissors, regular hand squishing and then inked them after flattening them out. After I got all my pp layers attached where I wanted them I added splashes of black & red spray and then spritzed a little white shimmer too.


When that is dry you can move onto your photos and embellishments. I cut my title out of one of the pp's in the stack along with the Scary banner.


I added embellishments that I've had for awhile and ones that were brand new. Just a fun mix here. Lastly I did my journaling. I always seem to save it for last. I was a little worried about how my pen would write over my ink drips, but it did just fine.
 

 The very last thing I did was add some red eye glam rocks to a few of the skulls. Perfect!

   If you like what you see, become a follower so you can stop by again. 
Thanks! Ange

Supplies:
NAS - sketch #288
DCWV - pp Spooky Time stack
ranger - red dylusions spray, vintage photo ink
colorbox - black ink
mister hueys - black spray
wrmk - flocked lace
paper studio - brads
imginisce - glam rocks
ek success - skull punch, foam adhesive
tombow - tape runner
stash - shimmerz spray, skull

5 comments:

Nirupama said...

Such a fun sketch! Love this layout :)

wendipooh13 said...

ohhhh lovin your fun halloween page!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is amazing! Great take on the sketch and LOVE all the papers you used!

Debbie P said...

This is an awesome Halloween page! Love the dimension and the pp's and embellishments!

ameliaharris99 said...

Love all the embellies and little details you've added on this one. Very cute! :)

Fairy Dust