Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Miss You card w/ DCWV

Hello!
Today I have a super simple and totally awesome card using the Pebbled 6x6 stack from DCWV. As many of you know, Oct 5 was World Card Making Day and to go along with that The Original Scrapbook USA Expo is having a donation drive for Operation Write Home. Help us reach our goal of 500 cards! All the details are in this post, 500 Cards

 There were plenty of challenges available over the weekend to get everyone making some cards. So I found a nice sketch from Pagemaps and created this card using it:


I loved the layers and the simplicity of the sketch because I knew I wanted to use more than one sheet from the Pebbled stack but I wanted the card to feel masculine at the same time. I started with just white cs as my base, then added the sheet of grey after using my emery board on it to really help the awesome pebbled pattern show. Then I grabbed a pp from the Sky's the Limit stack for a bit of color and pattern behind the dark yellow paper from the Pebbled stack. I added a couple strips of washi for a banner and some rub-ons for my sentiment.
Easy, quick and elegant.

Thanks for stopping by!
Ange

ETA: I'm adding this card to this Moxxie Fab World challenge.

Supplies:
DCWV - Pebbled and Sky's the Limit stacks
pagemaps - sketch
bazzil basics - washi
colorbox - black ink
creating keepsakes - rub-ons
stash - white cs, emery board

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!

wendipooh13 said...

super cute and LOVE the washi too!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Beautiful! Love the washi banner!

Dictionary said...

I love the simplicity of this and the colors you choose. Super card!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Ange! Thanks for linking this up to the Stickers & Tape Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Fairy Dust