Thursday, August 25, 2011

Scrap Your Stash August challenge

My first official post as a Scrap Your Stash dt member! The challenge for August was to re-do a layout from your early scrapping days.

My style has changed and evolved throughout the years. I know that were I to re-do one of my layouts it would probably end up nothing like the original, but for me that's part of the charm of my older layouts. I like to see where I've changed and grown. :)
So rather than re-do a layout I decided to use some of the elements from an older layout for one I would do now. I essentially scrap lifted myself.
So here's my first lo.
Reader:









I did 8.5x11 back in the day. So I used that smaller size only for a horizontal layout. This lo is about my now 9yr old daughter and her love of reading when she was little.




Here's my new layout.
Pool:

I basically kept the same design and used one of my favorite techniques DOODLING! Love it, but don't do it nearly enough anymore.
This lo is about my little man and the fun he had with his new turtle pool toy, even tho we weren't in the pool anymore.

I hope you play along in the last few days of this month and have fun re-doing a layout or two of your own. If you'd like to submit your lo you can find all the details here on the blog. Come check out everyone's entries, you'll like what you see.

2 comments:

Nathalie said...

I actually like both and I have bookmarked this challenge site! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Loved your "old" layout, but the new one really and truly rocks I love the color scheme and the way the photos pop. Haven't been to the Scrap Your Stash blog in a while; need to check it out!

Fairy Dust