Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My boy









This is a photo from Jayse's one year photo shoot. It was originally a horizontal photo, but had a lot of stuff going on, on the left side that really distracted from him. So I cropped it in closer to be a vertical photo and then got it in a 5x7 size. Love my little man in overalls!

I used a sketch from The Scrappiest here. As you can see I followed it pretty closely, but wanted to use these cute paper clip alphas so I made the strip they're attached to bigger. The strip is actual denim I kept after turning an old pair of jeans into shorts for one of my kids. I stapled the denim on, inked my paper edges, doodled with blue ink on the wood stars and around the edge of the kraft cs and then added some blue stickles to the big star and for the dots between the half circles on the photo. These papers are the October Afternoon Campfire line. :)

12 comments:

Shawn said...

So freakin' awesome!!! He is to-die-for cute! Great layout!

Mindy said...

I absolutely LOVE this page Ange! Love the picture, Love the LO, and LOVE LOVE LOVE how you wrote the things that he is doing, wearing, saying etc etc!!!!

just jennifer said...

love the clean lines of the layout! And an adorable pic!

Nathalie said...

Stars are one of my very favorite embellishments for boy pages! I am especially fond of the large photo (I think you did the right thing by cropping it into a vertical shot)

Miss Misi said...

He is so adorable! Nice LO.

Unknown said...

very cute! Love that you changed the photo- it's adorable

Jessica Carter said...

love this layout! so cute!

angie gutshall said...

This is so cute! Love that photo!

ruth said...

Super cute!!! He's adorable!!! And I love your doodling around the edges...love, love, love that!

Anonymous said...

Great job on scrapping that adorable layout. And I love the denim along the bottom edge!

Rebecca In MI said...

He's your star and this layout shows it!

Julie said...

he is so darn cute ange!!! great page!

Fairy Dust