Monday, July 29, 2013

Wedding cards?

 Oh yes! It's not just June that you need wedding cards is it? lol I was in need of a couple when I was looking at this week's sketch from Nuts About Sketches and well, let's be honest, this sketch is perfect for cards too! Here's the sketch:


And here are my cards that I made using it:


I think it's fairly easy to see the sketch in each card. I misted the backgrounds a bit, added the chevron and squared papers (all from Moxxie's new Fighting Back line) that were all distressed and then I went separate ways with my cards. On the left I stayed more with the title portion of the sketch adding the Love is... & scallop border stickers from SRM Stickers. Then I put some cute pink buttons tied with black DMC floss on & some pink bling from Imaginisce along the scallop border.  (click photo for a larger view)

With the card on the right I kept with the big circle element of the sketch and added this fun chevron circle sticker from Moxxie, along with some bling that's been in my stash a little too long. Then I grabbed this SRM flower sticker, put it on a scrap of the Moxxie paper I'd been using and cut it out into a circle to add to the center.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! :)Ange

Supplies:
Nuts About Sketches - #276
Moxxie - pp, pink scallop circle
SRM stickers - Love is, flowers, scallop border
studio calico - passport mist
sei - buttons
imaginisce - pink bling
dmc - floss
stash - bling, white cs

2 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

great batch of cards and LOVE the misting!!!!

ameliaharris99 said...

Great cards! Love all the misting.

Fairy Dust