Thursday, April 11, 2013

Girls Rule!

 I've got a new layout for you today! If you've been by the Nuts About Sketches blog this week then you may have seen it there because it's using this week's sketch #260. View the sketch here.

This is my daughter and 2 of her friends after summer soccer camp this past year. They had a ton of fun. I used the Scraptastic club Blue Skies kit along with some Moxxie soccer patterned paper and rub-ons.  I just loved the combo of blue and yellow here and then the added black and white Moxxie just really sets it off. My daughter even approved of the layout. :) Here's a few close-ups and details for you:

These rub-ons are SO easy to apply. I've always liked rub-ons but had such a hard time with so many different brands not applying like they should. You will NOT run into that problem with Moxxie's rub-ons, they go on smooth and easy.

I loved this Heidi Swapp starred paper for my base and just went from there. I did a lot of inking to help define lines between patterns and colors. I added lines and the Happy Place stamp to the yellow flag in this first photo.


I added some more Jillibean Soup flags along the bottom of the photo here, along with a soccer brad that my friend gave me (Thanks!). I fell in love with this soccer ball with stars coming out from behind it. There were a couple of smaller ones and I wanted to just put them all on, but I held myself back. lol

I did a little bit of stitching on the photos, as shown in the sketch, with the twine provided in the kit. Then I used a toothpick from my kitchen cupboard to make a flag with one of the Jillibean Soup stickers.
I also added some glam rocks from Imaginisce. I just got them at the Original Scrapbook USA Expo I attended and couldn't wait to use them!

At this point I was thinking I was done, when my daughter made a comment about how the photo backgrounds blended together to make it look like one photo. So I added the white paint marker line around the photo on the left to help define the boundary.

I would love to read your comments and if you like what you see, please become a follower with the tab to the right. Thanks so much for stopping by! :)Ange

Supplies:
Nuts About Sketches - #260
Moxxie - pp, rub-ons
Imaginisce - gems, irock tool
ranger - distress ink
clearsnap - ink
ek success - smash date stamp
zig - black pen
sharpie - paint pen
stash - soccer brad
Scraptastic kit:
pp- heidi swapp, echo park
banner stickers - jillibean soup
twine




1 comment:

ameliaharris99 said...

Such a great page! I really like the yarn stitching around the picture. Those girls are pretty cute! ;)

Fairy Dust