Saturday, October 29, 2011

Rats, Bats

and Dog Poop!
That is what my dad always teaches his little grand kids to say. Just the other day my oldest, who is now 13, told me that she can't help but think "Dog Poop" after hearing "Rats, Bats &". Which, I'm sure, is the desired effect my father was after. What a funny man.

So this month's challenge at Scrap Our Stash is to create a lo or project using a favorite quote. I don't generally use quotes in my scrapping, but I'm not against it. It is a tad time consuming to find one that has meaning to me tho. Which is why I chose to quote my father and tell this story. But it worked out that this old kit I had in my stash had a fitting quote sticker for the lo too. I used it in the bottom right corner; "We do not quit playing because we grow old. We grow old because we quit playing." -Oliver Wendell Holmes

There's still time for you to join in October's quote challenge and send it in. Go check out the details here.

3 comments:

Nathalie said...

The quote you found in your stash is perfect for this page. I love the subject! Your dad sounds like a funny man :)

PS: Your package finally made it to the Mail Man! Sorry again for the delay!

angie gutshall said...

Isn't funny how certain things (or sayings) remind us of someone! Great layout!

Anonymous said...

What a great story to capture in your layout! So glad that you had that perfect quote in your kit too

Fairy Dust