Saturday, April 5, 2014

more Chocolate plz!

 Hello! 
Today I have this super fun collection that I got from the Speedy Scrappers!


Little Boy Blue by Crate Paper
This is the layout I made with it:


My cute little guy has one serious sweet tooth. These photos were taken after I caught him sucking on the chocolate syrup from the fridge, little stinker. But he was so cute, signing "more" and asking please with that cheesy little grin!


This set comes with a lot of patterns, 2 6x12 sticker sheets and 1 12x12 die-cut sheet, so I had a lot to work with. I cut and layered a couple of patterns under the photos and then added some strips of these adorable little ducks along the top and bottom of the layout.


 I'm big on inking, so I did that with a nice bold blue to really bring out the edges, then layered more die-cuts and stickers under the photo edges and along pp borders and added a bit of pen stitching to a couple to make them pop. I happen to have this fun red Crate Paper alpha in my stash, so I used it for a large title and added the other words in smaller fonts.


I added a bit of stitching with blue twine to soften the hard lines a bit and go along with the twine I was adding to my journaling tag.


The journaling is tucked behind the middle photo, but it's on the back of this cute little card. Since my journaling was hidden I decided to add some words to the photos, so you get a gist of what's happening before you pull it out to read. Here's another look at the layout:


Based on a sketch from Let's Get Sketchy.
Have fun scrapping! 
:)Ange

Supplies:
Crate paper - pps, die-cuts, stickers, large alphas
sei - ink
stampin up - marker
echo park - mini alphas
jillibean - blue alpha
ek success - date stamp
adhesive - tombow, elmers
stash - twine

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun layout! REally love the papers you used and the design is great.

Pat said...

This is too cute! Thanks for joining us @ LGS.

wendipooh13 said...

super cute page and love love the fun twine stitching!!!

Tracy said...

Awww your layout is so cute, love the photos and the story behind them.

The Happy Scrappy Momma said...

I really love this layout! And I love the topic of this page. I have a young daughter and I love scrapping these cute little memories.

Jen Cro said...

Cute layout and baby :)

Tone-Lill said...

Awesome and fun page. I love the colourful papers. Thank you for playing along with our sketch at LGS :)

Anonymous said...

Adorable layout, love all the layers and the diagonal elements in the corners!

Isbaha said...

He's so cute ! Very nice layout.

Debbie P said...

OMG, this is absolutely adorable! Love those cute photos and all your product choices are fantastic and just perfect for the theme! Awesome job Ange!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Super cute!

Fairy Dust