Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Adventure >> This way!!

  Hello!
I'm so excited to be on the Speedy Scrappers design team! Today I want to show you my first project made with products they sent me.


This layout is about my 3yr old son "reading" the map at the zoo last spring and this paper from Studio Calico Wanderlust was perfect for it! I started with this fun paper that reminded me of a map as my background and then tore two of the other prints to layer over it for the base beneath my photos.


Those strips you see going behind my photo are from an adhesive sheet! Made by Crate Paper, it's an entire sheet of strips that you just cut up, peel and stick! So fun, I'm excited to use more.


As you can see I just had a bunch of fun layering, tearing and adding this and that from my stash too. I used markers and inks on my wood veneer, they color up really easy, and then added some fun washi tape to the corners of my photos.
  Lastly I inked my edges with a charcoal and then ran a dark brown pad around it too. I love the 'finished' look it gives a layout.

Thanks for stopping by today! You can find us on facebook too.
See you next week.
:)Ange

Store items:
Studio Calico - pattern papers
Crate Paper - adhesive strips
Other items:
ac - stickers
scraptastic club - wood veneer, flair
stampin up - markers
adhesives - tombow, elmers
sei, ranger - inks
stash - washi

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all the fun papers!

Debbie P said...

That background paper is awesome! This is fabulous! I saw your win at MME! Congrats!

wendipooh13 said...

super fun background and love the page!!! that rocks!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Congratulations! Love the great background and how you framed your journaling!

Tracy said...

Great layout, so fun.
Cute photos of your little one :)

Fairy Dust