Monday, May 7, 2012

Brothers





Hope you all enjoyed your weekend and were able to get a little scrapbooking in. I was a little busier than I expected to be, but I got to play along with a couple of NSD events and then finished up this layout for today's Nuts sketch:


These boys are pretty precious to me, but they're wild little things. So moments like these are totally photo worthy.

I got this kit from Scrapdango. It's mostly Simple Stories but I added my own Bazzil Basics washi tape and the staples. I cut the center of the pp and flipped it over and taped it back in. The small tape pieces are cs stickers from SS, then I cut out the title block and punched the top, inked and stapled it down, added the photos, brackets, stars (after cutting the orange one down a little), added the burlap ribbon, twisted the washi tape and stapled it down. Then finished it off with the word stickers.

You can see the sketch and other examples here.

There's also a crop at My Scraps & More starting this week. Come check it out, they're always lots of fun! 

12 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

great job! i love simple stories!

Jessica said...

Great layout! I love the banners on your background and what a great way to use both sides if a double sided sheet of paper!

LB whosthischick said...

A really great layout. Love all the texture, flags and words. Terrific.

Cathy said...

Love Simple Stories, love all the layering and that burlap!

phamil said...

What cutie pies! And what a great page too! So glad to be working with you as a Moxxie Muse!!!

Madeline said...

Fun page! Love that paper collection!

Margie Higuchi said...

What a FUN page - what cuties!! Love Simple Stories :)

Congrats on your Moxxie DT gig! How exciting!!

Aimee Kidd said...

Super cute layout girl!! There are so many great things to look at! Love those sweet pics of your boys!

Anonymous said...

Adorable photos and great layout. Love the banner borders

Patricia said...

Loving those banner borders! Great page Ange!

just jennifer said...

such a colorful layout, love the design!

Nathalie said...

#1 I love the Simple Stories papers and #2 I adore photos showing some brotherly love :) Wonderful page Ange!

Fairy Dust