Monday, May 21, 2012

Another Nuts Monday! Today is the last Monday of the school year for my kids and I have to admit, I'm not sure I'm excited about it. I've got some really moody kids lately and I'm not sure I want that attitude around 24/7. Maybe I'll have to come up with a "bad mood" chore list or something. They can work on the list until they're in a better mood, at least the house will be clean! :)

Well, let's get down to business, shall we? Shawn has another awesome sketch up today and here's my take on it:

This kit has been in my stash a little too long, but it worked great for these pics. My little guy is so into hats, so he loved this Cat in the Hat hat that came in his kid's meal and what kid doesn't love chicken nuggets, right? I love his cheesy little grin, makes me smile every time.

This is mostly My Mind's Eye paper and embellies. I spray misted the red circle to tone it down a bit, did a lot of inking, layered some buttons, stuck some pins in and doodled a border.

Thanks for dropping by and don't forget to check out the rest of the sketch samples on the Nuts blog. You won't be disappointed!

3 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

looks awesome- love the misting!

Aimee Kidd said...

Love, love, love this layout! The colors are great and all of the strips of paper and the stars are perfect!

I too have these papers and still love to work with them!

Anonymous said...

What a fun layout!

Fairy Dust