Monday, January 30, 2012

Good Stuff

I have another fabulous Nuts sketch for you. This one is absolutely fab. Check it:

I just really love this one. Love the photo and title areas, the way the embellies highlight it all and the stitching look. Which I'm a huge fan of, but hate pulling out the sewing machine so don't do very often. Well, guess what! I pulled it out for this one.







And I had a blast! After adhering all my pp pieces (w/ inked edges of course) and photos. I pulled that heavy machine to my kitchen table and just had fun. Big stitches, not so big stitches, I followed the sketch for the most part and then added more because... well, I had to right? lol (I even mended a few other things around the house that have been waiting for me, crazy I know) Then I added my title, embellies and journaling.

Which is all about how I love that my kids like to snack on fruit and veggies. What better way to document that, than photos of my 2yr old chowing down on apples, grapes and celery?

Don't forget to go check out the rest of the dt's examples here.

7 comments:

Leah's Crafty Life said...

Such a beautiful layout, Ange!! LOBE all the patterns and stitching.. but I am totally jealous your kids eat veggies for snacks! I gotta bribe mine to gulp any down.. haha

Megan Aaron said...

adorable! love the pops of red!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Super cute! Love the colours!!

Nathalie said...

Hooo, that is indeed a great sketch and you did a fab job with it! The color combo and papers are perfect for a food related subject I think :)

angie gutshall said...

You did an amazing job!! This layout is so fun and full of color!!

just jennifer said...

oh how cute! love the sketch and I love the blue/red combo you used! I might have to find some pics to use with the sketch (and figure out how to make it a 2-pager!)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layout, Ange! I love the colors and all that sewing; and of course, those adorable photos of your little one. You're fortunate that your kids love fruits and veggies for snacks!

Fairy Dust