Monday, January 9, 2012

Gingerbread house

Have you seen today's NAS sketch yet? #195 Isn't this a fabulous 2 page layout?:
I just love all that space for a fun, cute title, tons of journaling space and you still have room for 11 photos! Wow!





So here is what I put together with this sketch:

We bought a gingerbread kit this year, the kids had a blast making it and tasting it. They were very proud of their creation even tho it leaned and slid. (I think we'll come up with our own version next year) Jayse had a blast too, which was why he was eventually removed to the bath where he could play and have fun without being yelled at for being in the way, knocking things over or eating the best decorations.

I am falling in love with this Recollections colored cs I recently picked up. I sanded it to make the embossed design show, added the fun Echo Park Holly Jolly Christmas pp's, then cropped and added my photos. I didn't want to make some of my photos as small as the sketch called for so I just left them the size I wanted. Then I put on my title using Thickers from American Crafts and the alphas from the EP kit, added snow with the DecoArt snow writer and added stickles to some of the snow and 'Sweet &' to make them sparkle a little. Last I outlined 'Yummy' to help it stand out more, added some stickers and journaling cards from the EP kit, journaled and finished it all off with the cute little .'s from the Amy Tangerine Thickers that have x's on them, so I could use them as faux stitching. Love that!

So I left it out on the table for the snow and stickles to dry properly and that's when Jayse decided to add his little touch. See that big, dark brown ink smudge on the journaling? Yep. He also inked most of the faces in the photos, but luckily that all wiped off. I decided he was right about the ink on the journaling, tho, and added a little more for good measure. ;)

7 comments:

Nathalie said...

Very nice page Ange! I love how you played with your little one's contribution instead of trying to redo the layout! It actually works well with the subject :)

Unknown said...

You've certainly captured the fun with this fantastic LO.

Katherine said...

LOL about the inking - it is a super page, and great sketch - looks like the kids had tonnes of fun making the house :)

Rebecca In MI said...

I love Jayse's touch! Such a FUN page, all the way around!

Anonymous said...

What a great way to incorporate your little one's smudges -- love it! Your layout is perfect and reflects the fun that your kids were having.

just jennifer said...

love the page! looks like it was a lot of fun (I hijacked ours this year as I had such a problem making it!)... great sketch and I may need to find some time to use it!

Aimee Kidd said...

Awesome 2 pager girl!! The CS looks great and adds a lot! Love the pictures and laughed about the story behind it! Like Jill, I was curious to know why there was a pic of Jayse in the bathtub along with pics of the kids making their gingerbread house! Lol!!

Fairy Dust