Saturday, September 1, 2012

Happy Birthday!!

August is a BUSY birthday month for us. I've been a little crazy, frantic and worn out with all the partying. Who knew celebrating could be so hard? Luckily (for me) August is nearly over, but I wanted to share a few of the cards and a gift bag I made for some of the festivities.
 I made 3 cards:

I tend to keep my cards a little on the flat side because I'm often mailing them and the bulky ones get mushed. But who needs lots of dimension when you're working with awesome Moxxie papers?


The Celebrate paper stands all on it's own for a fabulous card, but to make it even more fun I punched a star border, outlined the stars with a white pen, added a few of the punches around the "title" area w/ stickles on them, outlined the title in white and then added some clear dimensional adhesive, for a little up close fun.



The Sweet Treats card was pretty simple too. I just cut the center of the checkerboard paper out w/ a craft knife, wrapped orange twine around it & tied, inked the edges in a dark purple and put it on the black card base. Then ink and add the sweet treats cut out and the little purple 'stars' are from the border sticker sheet (yep, most people would throw them away, but why when you can add a little flare to a card with them?). I added stickles to the top of my cupcake and doodled with a white pen, so fun on a black base! I think that's my favorite part of this card, you get to sign it with a white or other bright pen!


 The Got Cake? card has the most dimension to it, but still easily mailable. Add the lantern border to the top, add the birthday girl die-cut (w/ some doodling), staple the Got Cake die-cut before adhering so you don't have staples inside the card. Then I fussy cut the cake, added stickles and glossy accents. Found some yellow scrap cs and added the rub-on Hey. Add a little more doodling around the base of the card and there you have it. Three super fun, easy cards.



 Then with the scraps, sticker sheet and twine you decorate a birthday gift bag for a little bit of matching fun. Easy!

This is the funnest birthday line I've worked with in a long time! You are going to love it. Go getcha some!
:)Ange





2 comments:

Nathalie said...

Great cards and gift bag! I love the bright colors perfect for kids birthdays!

Monique Liedtke said...

Love your cards and that gift bag is just perfect! Love the little squares and all the different colors!

Fairy Dust